I wanted to track test coverage for XMLUnit for Java using Coveralls (could be better and I should do the same for XMLUnit.NET, but these are different stories).

In theory this is pretty easy, given that there already is a Travis CI build. I added the Jacoco and Coveralls plugins in a Maven profile and made Travis run the profile as an after_success script. But instead of publishing data, I was greeted by

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eluder.coveralls:coveralls-maven-plugin:3.0.1:report (default-cli) on project xmlunit-parent:
  Unable to parse configuration of mojo org.eluder.coveralls:coveralls-maven-plugin:3.0.1:report for parameter timestamp:
  Cannot convert '1425416381951' to Date -> [Help 1]

Well, I never configured the timestamp for coveralls and I was pretty sure I wasn't setting a timestamp property, either. Searching around didn't lead to anything, there was no environment variable configured, strange. Finally it dawned on me that the buildnumber plugin I used in order to get the git hash into the jar manifests also sets a property named timestamp as a side-effect. So far I wasn't using it but rather maven.build.timestamp for the manifest so I had ignored said property. With that

    <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>buildnumber-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.3</version>
        <configuration>
            ...
            <timestampFormat>{0,date,yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ssa}</timestampFormat>
            ...
        </configuration>
    </plugin>

finally did the trick.

path: /en/oss/XMLUnit | # | Writebacks

We are actively working on a re-designed XMLUnit which will be
available for both Java and .NET with a similar API.  Development of
this version has moved to a GitHub organization [1] with two git
repositories for Java and .NET respectively.

All discussion about XMLUnit independent of any version will happen on
the XMLUnit general mailing list [2].

XMLUnit for Java 1.x will still be maintained using the Sourceforge
infrastructure that has served as well for many years.

We don't intend to maintain XMLUnit for .NET 0.x any longer.

[1] https://github.com/xmlunit
[2] https://sourceforge.net/p/xmlunit/mailman/xmlunit-general/

path: /en/oss/XMLUnit | # | Writebacks

Since about a week, all HTTP requests to dashboard.bloglines.com return an empty text/plain response, no feed. This is not the first time it has failed, not the first time without any public notice.

When I tried to find others experiencing the same problem I came along is it down right now which not only confirmed what I saw but also contained a workaround to resurrect your feed list as OPML. It was one of the latest comments further down that page and I've forgotten who had written it - strangely it is no longer there.

path: /en/personal/blogging | # | Writebacks

XMLUnit for Java 1.6 is mostly a bugfix release adressing four issues:

Note the first two changes may be breaking backwards compatibility in rare cases.

Source and binary distributions are available from SourceForge's File Service, the checksums and PGP signatures can be found here

.

path: /en/oss/XMLUnit | # | Writebacks

Reposting what I just sent to the xmlunit-general list for wider feedback, don't hesitate dropping me a mail if you want to stop me.

Hi all

if you are following the commits, you may have seen I've started to work
on XMLUnit 2.x again, nothing big, but I'm trying to get it done this
time.

Apart from re-thinking the abstractions used in the difference engine
the biggest piece missing for a release - even a beta - is
documentation.  Here I realized more and more that I really do not feel
like writing a big docbook document again, I need someting more
ligthweight with more immediate feedback.  A wiki would be fine, but
we've also always had a PDF version and I'd like to keep it that way.

Also I realized I prefer git over subversion by now, so I'd like to move
2.x to git.  I know I could do so on Sourceforge, but right now I feel
it would be best to move active development over to github.  A quick
search showed several forks over there, so we may be able to reconnect
and make this a community effort rather than mostly a one-man-show.

Here is what I intend to do, please let me know if anything looks
completely wrong:

* create an xmlunit organization at github
* create three repositories (for now)
  * XMLUnit Java 2.x - including the matchers and xmlunit-legacy
  * XMLUnit .NET 2.x - including constraints
  * a pure Wiki repository for the user guide.  github markdown works
    well enough for me and pandoc can create PDF or even epub from it
    (thanks to Stefan Tilkov for pointing me at it)
* start using github's issue tracker
* create a github.io site for XMLUnit 2.x
* keep using Sourceforge for XMLUnit 1.x
  * move XMLUnit 1.x back to svn trunk and keep it at sourceforge
  * keep using sourceforge's issue tracker for 1.x
  * keep the xmlunit.sf.net site for 1.x
* keep using the xmlunit-general@lists.sourceforge as primary
  communication medium for all versions
* keep the sourceforge forums even though I never liked them (or any web
  forum)

path: /en/oss/XMLUnit | # | Writebacks